In Case Of Fire – Four Ways To Be Prepared
1. As much as possible purchase fire retardant clothing. No one wants to look like those movies where the guy is running from the building waving his arms frantically while flames extend to the sky.
2. Fully immerse yourself in water. This is not a daily event though showers are a good hygiene activity. If there is a fire fully immerse yourself in water so that as you move out of the house your fire retardant clothing won’t combust into flames.
3. Wear oxygen and breath deeply. Of course who has a bottle of oxygen lying around in case of a fire. If one is not available lay close to the floor and just under the smoke. Most deaths are caused by smoke inhalation.
4. This one is preventative, have proper equipment stored in the house. This includes but is not limited to a smoke alarm (and don’t use the batteries for the kids toys), fire extinguisher (good for putting out the guy in the movie), and make sure you have an escape plan.
Putting these few tips into place will help protect you in case of a house fire. Of course there are worse fires then those in homes. There are chemical fires, fires on airplanes (while flying), and of course the big fire of them all HELL. Wouldn’t it be great if there were steps to protect against that one! Wait, there is and here are just a few hints:
1. Fire Retardant Clothing: Zechariah 3:4b. “See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes.” When we accept Jesus as our savior His righteousness becomes our clothing and God no longer judges us for our sin.
2. Fully Immerse Yourself In Water: 1Pet. 3:21 “Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you — not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience — through the resurrection of Jesus Christ” When we are baptized by water we are identifying ourselves with the cause of Christ. When we are baptized by the Holy Spirit we are brought into the family of God because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
3. Wear Oxygen and Breathe Deeply Acts 17:25 “He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things”. The Father has breathed into us the breath of life and as we are dependent on Him we receive eternal blessings.
4: Proper Equipment: Like a smoke alarm prayer helps us to be alert and aware of the devils schemes (1 Peter 5:8); Fire extinguishers are good for earthly fires but to extinguish the flaming arrows of the devil we need something a lot more effective – the shield of faith (Eph 6:16); and finally a good escape route is essential to avoid dying in a fire and to avoid eternal flames everyone should trust the Lord who always gives a way of escape when temptation comes (1 Cor 10:13).
There you have it four good tips. Of course if you think the fire will never come you will be caught unprepared and most likely be consumed. I’m just saying…..